Thursday 12 April 2007

Futile


I'm at home this morning, watching BBC News 24 and the return of another four British servicemen's dead bodies to RAF Lyneham in Wiltshire.

I don't know why, but today's images of the coffins and pallbearers has really hit a nerve with me.

The war in Iraq sickens me. It has achieved basically nothing, yet spawned a host of new problems in an already unstable region. Our leaders see progress in hanging a man who, ultimately, was convicted of killing 148 people, yet ignore atrocities such as, say, the state-sponsored genocide in Sudan in which 200,000 people have been killed in the last two years. This cannot be right.

What gives the likes of Tony Blair the right to abuse the privilege of their position and deceive the electorate as they have in bringing to bear this futile war?

Our vote, I guess...

1 comment:

Balaji said...

I can't agree with you more mate.