Tuesday 30 January 2007

It's like that

A little known fact about yours truly (even amongst some of the people closest to me) is that I have always had an appreciation and fondness for hip-hop music.

Right now I'm experiencing a real resurgence in my love of the genre and am actively getting right back into it - buying CD's a-plenty, and really enjoying listening to the music.

One artist I'm particularly impressed with just now is 22-year old east London rapper "Plan B" (real name Ben Drew). His debut album "Who Needs Actions When You've Got Words" was released in June last year to much critical acclaim, and it's fantastic.

He's touring this year, playing Norwich Waterfront on Feb 14th - I've got tickets, and can't wait!

Click here to check out Plan B's official (not to mention impressive) site.

Also, check out the video to the excellent track "No Good" beneath; if you're not feeling the tune itself, you may just admire the state-of-the-art "stop-motion" film technique that the video employs...

No comments: